Curried Spanakopita Triangles
- 150g fresh spinach (cooked & drained) or frozen spinach, thawed & well drained
- 60g crumbled Feta cheese
- 60g chopped Mozzarella cheese
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder (depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- ½ cup low fat yoghurt
- poppy seeds as a garnish, if desired.
Combine well the spinach, cheeses, spring onion, curry powder, herbs, seasonings and eggs. Brush the pastry with yoghurt and lay the sheets on top of each other. Cut pastry lengthwise into 4 long strips.
Place ¼ cup of filling onto the corner of the strip of pastry and fold 3-4 times to form a triangle. Place on a buttered scone tray. Brush each pastry triangle with the remaining yoghurt and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
Bake at 220degC for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot or cold.