Zucchini and Potato Rosti
- 2 tblspns vegetable or olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1kg (2lb) potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and grated
- salt and pepper
- ½ level tspn ground coriander
- 40-50g (1½oz - 2oz) gouda or cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Heat half of the oil in large pan, add onions and fry until soft. Place grated potatoes in a bowl and mix with zucchini and fried onions. Season well with salt, pepper and coriander.
Heat remaining oil in pan and add potato mixture. Cook gently, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, then flatten down into a cake and cook until brown underneath and almost cooked through (6-8 minutes).
Sprinkle top of Rosti with grated cheese and place under a moderate griller for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serve hot, cut into wedges.